Broward Junior Academy was first opened in August 1996 under the name Broward Seventh Day Adventist Bilingual School with an enrollment of 110. After thriving hard to provide quality education during the pioneering years, our school achieved full accreditation three years later. The name was then changed to Broward Junior Academy (BJA), achieving Junior Academy status as a K-10 school.
BJA was called into existence when five Haitian churches – Sinai, Bon Samaritan, Bethlehem, Eben-Ezer, and Sychar – saw the need to have a school serving their constituency. God had paved the way by allowing Sinai to purchase a complex with a suitable school facility in which the church offered to house the new school. Since then, BJA established a good track record of helping our students catch up and move beyond their normal grade levels. Our continued effort to strive harder resulted in an enrollment increased; and for a few years, fluctuated between 140 and 220 (the peak year).
Our Mission Statement
We provide a Christ-centered learning environment for students, with the responsibility of guiding them in developing a meaningful relationship with God, family, and community.
Broward Junior Academy’s Difference
Our years of experience in providing quality education allow us to enhance our programs, set high standards, and give a unique learning experience for students. What made us distinct are our values and principles which are the foundations of our existence.
- Christ-centered learning environment – Students adopt a Christian philosophy of life based on Biblical principles, leading them to explore and choosing to cooperate with God’s plan for their lives.
- Incomparable academic curricula in all subject matters
- Our faculty and staff are nurturing, talented, and creative
- Extracurricular, co-curricular, and sport options for all students throughout the school year
- Exceptional music and technology programs
- A strong track record of success – Our graduates score well on standardized tests and place in the highest classes in other public and private schools.
Instructional personnel and administrators at Broward Junior Academy are trained to uphold and oblige to our standards of ethical conduct. Click the link to learn more.
Education and Leadership Standards
We want only the best for our learners. Hence, to increase learner achievement, we adhere to the Adventist Education K-12 Leadership Standards. Click the link to learn more.
We are fully accredited by:
- The North American Division Commission on Accreditation
- The Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Schools, Colleges, and Universities
- The National Council for Private School Accreditation
- The Commission on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation
- Our community is inclusive – we respect and welcome families of all levels of observance